- About CRAO
- 120th Runoia Reunion
- Make a Gift – Donate Today
- Campership Stories
- Runoia Family Trees
- Camp Logs
- Camp Songs
- Alumnae Newsletters
- Join Our Mailing List
- CRAO Board of Directors
- Diversity Advisory Committee
All Hail Runoia Alumnae Tennis Players!
We are all gearing up enthusiastically for CR’s 115th Reunion this summer the weekend of August 12th. As part of the festivities (and fundraising efforts!) we will be hosting a tennis tournament…so…not only do you get to come to the Reunion, but you also get to enter a Blue-White (now Bees v. Elephants) tennis match! Woo hoo! Depending on the number of entrants we have, we will either play the best of three sets, or 8 game pro-sets. This is going to be a blast! If you happened to have not been a camper at Runoia and therefore neither a Bee nor an Elephant we will let you pick a team to have winnings attributed to! Now because the Camp Runoia Alumnae Organization is sponsoring the reunion, and because the purpose of the CRAO is to raise funds to provide scholarships so that girls who might not otherwise be able to attend Runoia can do so and learn and grow and shine….we hope to raise some funds at the reunion. That being said, tennis players can ask friends and family to sponsor them by pledging a certain amount of money for each game they win.
We suggest that the tennis players find sponsors using Facebook Fundraisers, selecting our nonprofit Facebook page, Camp Runoia Alumnae Organization. Please be sure to keep a record of your donors, and send them to us, so that we may thank them properly after the event.
Here are the steps to create your personalized fundraising page:
- Log onto your Facebook account;
- Navigate to the left side column of the homepage, and click “Fundraisers” (if you don’t see this option, click “See more”);
- Click “Select nonprofit” and type in “Camp Runoia Alumnae Organization” as the nonprofit to support.
- This will bring you to your personalized page where you will be able to edit the details on the left side column, including monetary goal (at least $30), deadline for fundraising (August 14), the title of the event (e.g., Tennis Tournament), and your own description sharing why you are participating in this event.
We really hope that lots of you will want to play! If you do, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com and we’ll get you into the draw. This just might be the best part of the whole reunion! Sign up today! Bo-bo-ski-watten-datten!