Runoia Wrapped: 2023 in Numbers

At the end of every year, TikTok buzzes with a variety of creative trends to reflect on the prior year. This year was no exception – the app has been infiltrated with countless videos of reflections on 2023. Of course we’re hopping on trend to bring you our version – Runoia wrapped – a view into our 2023 in numbers.

It feels a bit odd to be reflecting on the 2023 season in January, as we have really been in 2024 mode since August and even before – filling camper spaces, hiring 2024 staff, and coming up with ideas for the best summer yet. Yet in the camp world, we live “10 for 2” and so much of our best moments of each year are packed into just those two months. And for so many of our campers, you can shorten that to a very concentrated 3-week period.

So our reflection of 2023 is really of 8 weeks of 52 – a mere 15% of the calendar year. The remaining 85% is full of work for some, school for others, time with ‘non-camp friends’ (but if we’re truly lucky, with camp friends too) and family. But for me, and many others, the 8 weeks represents far beyond 15% of my best memories and favorite moments of each year.

Here are some of our accomplishments of 2023 in numbers:

  • 100% of campers reported that they made a new friend
  • 98% of campers reported that they tried something new
  • 83 of our campers experienced their first ever Runoia summer
  • Our teams fought hard to earn a collective 2,344 points for the Bees and the Ellies
  • 28 of the highest-possible program awards were achieved
  • Our campers hiked a combined 308 miles while on Katahdin trips
  • We celebrated 21 campers’ birthdays with them during the summer
  • 250 campers and 90+ staff made a combined 340+ summers of a lifetime experienced

We absolutely cannot wait to see what 2024 has in store for us!



Posted in: Uncategorized