What a Runoia girl is to me – Emily Friedman aged 9
At the end of every summer, looking back, I remember Runoia. Each summer is better than the last. Camp inspires me to be who I am and know that there are people out there that really care about me. Sometimes even a whole shack of friends!
These photos represent camp to me. The images show some of the places around camp. I also created a model of arts and crafts, a ropes course, drama, woodshop and camp craft. Most of these are my favorite activities. This set up helped me remember Camp when I was missing it after first session was over and I was back at home.
I always remember that:
- Every night, someone at Runoia thinks about you before they go to sleep.
- At least fifteen Runoia girls somewhere in this world love you.
- There are at least two Runoia girls that would die for you.
- You mean the world to a Runoia girl.
- Someone that you don’t even know from camp loves you.
- When you make a big mistake at camp, something good comes from it.
- When you think your friend has turned her back on you, take another look.
- Always remember the compliments you’ve received from Runoia girls.
Runoia girls will…